- Kick-off meeting conducted; demonstration units identified. Demolition commences at 2548 University Avenue. REM/Design analysis performed; Manual J calculations conducted; duct layout designed. Initial recommendations, including PATH technologies, presented.
- Structural repairs commenced at 2548 University Avenue. HVAC calculations and recommendations presented to mechanical engineer.
- Optimum Value Engineering (OVE) framing techniques and air sealing training conducted.
- Installation of programmable thermostats confirmed. Decision not to install hydro-coil systems confirmed.
- Framing commenced at 2548 University Avenue. Construction Start Ceremony held.
- Deconstruction with GreenHOME to salvage framing lumber. Demolition at 2552 and 2554 University Avenue completed; structural repairs commenced at 1443 Clifton Street.
- Deconstruction with GreenHOME to salvage framing lumber. Framing completed at 1443 Clifton Street. Demolition completed at 2519, 2521, 2552, and 2554 University Place.
- Initial list of "10 Low Cost/No Cost Starter Steps to Promote Green Building" presented to construction site supervisors. Structural repairs commenced at 2519, 2521, 2552, and 2554 University Place.
- Linoleum training held.
- Installation of no-formaldehyde insulation and 50% slag concrete mix confirmed. Decision not to use no-VOC paint and linoleum confirmed. Framing commenced at 2552 and 2554 University Place.
- Utility company's permit to dig in street for electrical connection denied; will delay completion of 2548 University Place. Framing commenced at 2519 and 2521 University Place. Roof caved in at 2519 University Place.
- List of energy efficiency upgrades presented to Coalition for Non-Profit Housing and Economic Development for possible DOE funding.
- Cooperative members moved into 2548 University Place and 1443 Clifton Street.
- PATH assisted Regina Reilly of Manna's design staff with the development of a proposal for an efficient technology incentive program. 2519 and 2521 University Place were completely framed out; 2552 and 2554 University Place were roughed-in.
- PATH accompanied HUD's Ricardo Merlo on a site visit to the University Place Coop. PATH provided technical assistance to the Coalition for Non-Profit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED).
- PATH coordinated a meeting with Ricardo Merlo (HUD/PATH) and Manna's head of project development/financing. Drywall was installed in 2552 and 2554 University Place.
- Drywall was installed in 2552 & 2554 University Place. Trim was installed and painting was to be done by early July. 2521 University Place was completely framed and insulated by this time. 2519 University Place was also framed and awaiting a framing inspection.
- Drywall finishing was underway at 2519 & 2521 University Place. Drywall sanding took place at 2552 & 2554 University Place, with painting scheduled to begin early in the month. The exterior of 2552 & 2554 University Place was also being painted.
- Manna was faced with some water infiltration problems caused by Hurricane Isabel. They planned to remediate the problems immediately. At 2552 and 2554 University Place, construction crews were cleaning and preparing the units to be carpeted. Painting was been completed at 2519 and 2521 University Place. Hector, Manna's Site Supervisor, stated that they hope to complete the remaining units at the end of October.
-- Construction continued at 2519 & 2521 University Place and 2552 & 2554 University Place. George Rothman, Manna's Executive Director, stated that they expect to have a small ribbon cutting ceremony sometime in the winter 2003. They planned to have the ceremony before the residents of 2519 & 2521 University Place moved in so that attendees could see some of the units.
-- Construction completed on remaining units.
-- Residents moved into the remaining units at University Place Cooperative.
Content updated on 9/13/2005