- Kick off meeting was held; HUD Secretary Martinez, Steven Winter Associates' Steven Winter and Ric Guilbert, and Habitat for Humanity/Chesapeake staff previewed current projects/selected demonstration home.
- Financial Services ground-breaking for 500 Rose Hill Terrace. Architectural re-design submitted for approval.
- HVAC design and specifications submitted for approval.
- Site visit to document progress, evaluate 937 Homestead Avenue, and to develop "key plan". Architectural revisions started, focus on interior layout of new stairs.
- PATH completed architectural redesign for 937 Homestead Ave; working on the design of the HVAC system and a design solution for the interior staircase.
- PATH completed the mechanical design for 937 Homestead Ave, and installation begins.
- The project was halted due to the client's reluctance to incorporate design changes and mechanical improvements.
- Finishing touches were being put on 937 Homestead Avenue. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was being planned.
February 2003 - On February 14, 2003, the home at
937 Homestead Street celebrated its opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony attended by various HUD representatives. Carlos Martin of HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research outlined the technical assistance provided by PATH.
Read the Press Release.
Content updated on 9/13/2005