PATH - A Public Private Partnership for Advancing Housing Technology
Quality Assurance System for Wood Framing Contractors
FULL TEXT: [IMAGE: *] Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf, 370 KB)
NOTE: Adobe Reader is required to download, view, and/or print PDF files. If your computer does not have this software, you must first download Adobe Reader, and follow the installation instructions before accessing PDF files from PATH's Web site.
December 2000, 39 pages
This document is geared toward the framing activities of home building. It identifies a framework that a contractor can use to develop a quality management program that delivers maximum value. The approach is centered around a series of activities:
1. Identify people to take on certain roles related to your improvement program
2. Determine your goals for improvement and identify performance criteria such as code requirements and specifications
3. Determine a baseline of where you are now through an audit procedure designed to identify deficiencies or opportunities for improvement
4. Provide necessary improvements or training to address deficiencies or opportunities
5. Incorporate regular, periodic follow-up audits and training as a part of doing business.
Content updated on 3/24/2006
| | | | |
Affordable Housing Providers