Solar Decathlon 2005
District of Columbia
Please join PATH during the Decathlon week of October 10-14, 2005, for one-a-day 30-minute sessions on new topics related to homebuilding industry!
Listed below are the dates, times, and topics to be discussed by PATH:
* Monday - October 10, 2005 at 3:30 p.m.: Building Sustainably & Finding a Sustainable Builder.
* Tuesday - October 11, 2005 at 3:30 p.m.: Renovating Green and the Five Year Green Plan.
* Wednesday - October 12, 2005 at 3:30 p.m.: Six Simple Ways to Improve Your Next Home.
- Technologies to be discussed are Home Run Plumbing, Graywater Reuse Piping, Proper Flashing & Air Sealing, High Efficiency HVAC in Conditioned Space, Roof Overhangs, and Insulation.
* Thursday - October 13, 2005 at 3:30 p.m.: Innovation 101
- What to know about when talking to a builder or remodeler about building sustainably.
* Friday - October 14, 2005 at 3:30 p.m.: Where Homebuilding is Heading?
**All sessions will be consumer-focused with some additional time for questions and answers.
The Solar Decathlon brings 18 college and university teams from around the globe to compete to design and build houses that demonstrate the advantages of a solar lifestyle. The students will show us how we can live with abundance and comfort in beautiful, energy-efficient, completely solar-powered homes.
The teams' solar houses are open for touring everyday of the event except October 12, when they are closed for competition purposes.
Content updated on 3/2/2004
| ToolBase |